This is my first Blog.
I decided to write it primarily for me, so that I can keep track of what I understand and live doing my job.
I studied abroad a lot, and while I work, I am completing my master in finance.
The aim is to discuss news and events from the standpoint of a young catholic man working in finance.
There has been a lot of confusion lately, among catholics, regarding the right attitude towards Capitalism, Free Markets, Financial Markets, liberism vs. communism, market speculation, unfair business conduct etc. and since I developed a little but interesting set of knowledge about these matters I thought it might have been interesting to discuss stuff that happens and comes along my professional path, so that many others can benefit - hopefully.
Communism vanished - or is vanishing - rather quickly in historical terms. Evidence is, though, that nobody on this earth is even an inch nearer to the resolution of the general world mess.
Liberism, capitalism etc, are waaaay overrated. Almost as much as political correctness.
"China is more and more shifting to a free market economy" we hear often in the news - especially in Europe. So what? Go ask the people of Tibet what they think of the advantage that a PRC-regulate Stock market brought to them. None. Some might ask:"Allright... so? that's a civil and human right problem." Yes it is. Where does this rights stem from is my question though.
Truth is, the Market is not gonna make our civilization last longer. And we are running late
These are the first crumbles of what is gonna be this Blog about. Mainly opinions, judgment and reviews that arise from my daily life.
This is anonymous, so I can talk about all the stuff I do on the job that I cannot talk about - it's against my contract. For a start, tomorrow I may start to write the industrial development plan for a firm that we are having a negotiation with, regarding an acquisition.
The margins are VERY high, (for practitioners, we are talking of a Sales/NetProfit ratio of 6.5x) even though the entrepreneurs are everything but plain business people.
They already made the Chairman of the fund walk out of the negotiation room once. We'll see.
See you next time.
P.S. THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN NEITHER CATHOLIC SOCIAL DOCTRINE, NOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH POSITION ON ANY MATTER; IN THE SAME WAY IT IS NOT AN EXPRESSION OF ANY GROUP OF INTEREST. It's just my blog. A catholic financial analyst blog.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento